[gdal-dev] Nodata is None, but still has blanks?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Jan 18 03:20:49 PST 2022

 >  I find that if I do:
> tiffcp sample-no-mask.tif,0 x0.tif
>
> I get an "x0.tif" with just the jpeg image, and not the mask. That may
> be helpful for you (without uncompressing the jpeg image).

tiffcp doesn't use the raw interface of libtiff, hence JPEG
decompression&recompression will occur.

tiffsplit avoids that as it does use the raw interface:

tiffsplit sample-no-mask.tif out

will generate a outaaa.tif file with the original JPEG content (the
geotif tags will be lost however, and will have to be reinjected
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/swig/python/gdal-utils/osgeo_utils/samples/gdalcopyproj.py
for example)

Even