[gdal-dev] Potential bug or misunderstanding. Please help

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jan 19 08:00:06 PST 2022

Billy,

bandList is currently ignored in the separate=True case. This would be a
reasonable enhancement request that you could file on
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/new

One of the workaround for now is to postedit the generate VRT file and
substitute the <SourceBand>1</SourceBand> element with
<SourceBand>2</SourceBand>

You could also use use gdal.Translate() to produce a VRT with the second
band of each source file, and run gdal.BuildVRT() on those files, but
that would produce temporary files. If you don't need to serialize the
output_vrt_fname, but use the returned dataset object with other APIs in
the same process, you could avoid actual file creation by using an empty
name for those intermediate VRT files, get the returned dataset object,
and pass an array with those dataset objects instead of
lst_of_input_geotiff_files.

Even