[gdal-dev] Fwd: DOI for the GDAL project / Springer Handbook of Geoinformatics

Robert Coup robert.coup at koordinates.com
Thu Jan 20 02:05:54 PST 2022

Hi Darafei,

On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 at 09:55, Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski <me at komzpa.net>
wrote:

> Looking at this list, I don't know whether we effectively double the
> amount of contributors, want to get introduced to Howard Łoskot, or should
> do something about people separator and/or name-surname inversion?

Yes, I think the Zenodo website is mixing punctuation up - personally I'd
expect "H. Butler, M. Łoskot," or "Butler, Howard; Łoskot, Mateusz;" but
I'm not an academic.

But the underlying data in the records includes contributors given name &
surname separately, so the data is all *there*, it's just about how it's
presented on Zenodo. In fact, at the top of the page it uses semicolons
between people. And the "Cite as" section has about 1000 styles to choose
from, so at best it's a Zenodo bug, not something related to our side.

Rob :)