[gdal-dev] MBTiles blurry

Kanishk Varshney varskann1993 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 02:35:57 PDT 2022

 topview_sample.tif
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tOpP3R8QphE0TE5n9LUMls6eY7ORqtG5/view?usp=drive_web>

Hey All,

I am trying to generate MBTiles, but I am noticing that the
quality/resolution I can achieve using the Gdal_translate command is
lagging behind I can achieve in the QGIS tool setting hyperparameters..

My QGIS parameters are:
*Minimum Zoom: 0*
*Maximum Zoom: 22*
*DPI: 600*
*Format: PNG*
*Background: Transparent*
*Quality: 100*
*Meta title size: 4*

And my GDAL commands are:

gdalwarp -srcnodata 0 -dstalpha infile.tif outfile.tif

gdal_translate -tr 0.035 0.035 -co 'QUALITY=100' -of MBTILES
outfile.tif outmbtile.mbtiles

gdaladdo -r nearest outmbtile.mbtiles 2 4 8 16

If I am trying to improve the target resolution even further(reducing
-tr value) , it corrupts the output mbtile and a blank or blurred tile
gets generated

Also, the opening option ZOOM_LEVEL seems to error out(Using with -oo
"ZOOM_LEVEL=9)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kanishk