[gdal-dev] CMAKE poppler c++17

chris english englishchristophera at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 12:03:19 PST 2022

Hi,
I am a weak link when it comes to CMAKE. Geos-3.10.2 and PROJ-8.2.1 were a
breeze nonetheless.  A source build of libpoppler.so.119 via ./configure
went smoothly.

I have consistently failed at ogrpdflayer (well, only four times so far) on
'optional', that is a C++17 thing. <-  an example of a feeble understanding
of build process requirements.

Recklessly editing lines in CMakeLists.txt:
41 # check compiler and set preferences.
42 set(CMAKE_CXX_STANDARD 17)
[ 44%] Built target gdal_STACIT
[ 44%] Building CXX object
frmts/pdf/CMakeFiles/gdal_PDF.dir/ogrpdflayer.cpp.o

but further along we run across c++17 be contra-indicated as to

[ 49%] Built target gdal_PostGISRaster
[ 49%] Building CXX object
frmts/dods/CMakeFiles/gdal_DODS.dir/dodsdataset2.cpp.o

from /home/chris/gdal/frmts/dods/dodsdataset2.cpp:38:
/usr/local/include/libdap/RCReader.h:114:16: error: ISO C++17 does not
allow dynamic exception specifications
  114 |     RCReader() throw(Error);

which leads to a set by individual target approach as is said to be
available

set_property(TARGET tgt PROPERTY CXX_STANDARD 17)
set_property(TARGET tgt PROPERTY CXX_STANDARD 11)

and were this the solution, what would it look like and where might it
reside in say

CMakeCache.txt, or have I just gotten this all wrong, as I expect I have.

Ubuntu 20.04, gcc-9.3.0, and happy to have broken through to 49%, but wouldn't

that's 99% good news.

Chris