[gdal-dev] CI status - passing on all platforms?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri Mar 18 11:16:34 PDT 2022

background:

  I am testing the cmake build and then will be converting the pkgsrc
  package to use cmake so I can be ready for 3.5.0.  Because I am not
  aware of any pre-release distribution tarballs with up-to-date cmake
  support, I'm heading down the path of what would be "make dist" in
  autoconf, and, as I was cautioned, that isn't super portable.

  So, i'm working on a PR to make mkgdaldist.sh more portable and
  document what you need to run it.  I am now able to create
  distribution tarballs on NetBSD, and then build a pkgsrc package with
  them.  (It's all safe and not very interesting changes; this message
  isn't intended to be about the not-yet-filed PR.)

I have the chaneges on a master-based feature branch in my fork, and CI
ran when I force-pushed it recently (thanks if anyone enabled that for
me).  After fixing a shellcheck style nit, I force-pushed again and
Ubuntu 18.04 32bit failed:

  https://github.com/gdt/gdal/runs/5600578897?check_suite_focus=true

with final output

  =========================== short test summary info ============================
  FAILED alg/applyverticalshiftgrid.py::test_applyverticalshiftgrid_6 - assert ...
  FAILED alg/applyverticalshiftgrid.py::test_applyverticalshiftgrid_7 - assert ...
  FAILED utilities/test_gdalwarp_lib.py::test_gdalwarp_lib_135 - AssertionError...
  = 3 failed, 8284 passed, 1066 skipped, 2 xfailed, 25 warnings in 845.46s (0:14:05) =
  100 - done.

This just about can't be because of my change, and all the other jobs
passed, so I'm guessing this either always happens or there is some CI
flakiness.

Therefore I'm going to treat this failure as noise, but I wanted to say
that out loud in case I'm confused, and mention it in case people want
to do something about master.

My tree that had this issue is:

  https://github.com/gdt/gdal/tree/mkgdaldist-portability

if anyone cares.