[gdal-dev] Motion (V2): remove and deprecate a few drivers

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Mar 22 11:58:17 PDT 2022

Hi,

I'd appreciate if I could get some approval of
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/5269 (it'll need some trivial
adjustment to be applied due to conflicts) that implements the below
decision (for some reason people tend to be more generous in adding
emojis to pull requests that add new features than ones that remove code).

The removal of the OpenDAP/DODS drivers is not included in that PR since
there was apparently some interest in it
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/5173, but that failed to
materialize with concrete elements to be able to support them, so I
believe they will ultimately go to the rm -rf road too.

Even