[gdal-dev] About bug fix / patch release policy for older GDAL versions (setuptools >= 58.0 and GDAL <3.3 compatibility issues)

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Mar 25 05:45:21 PDT 2022

ok, I missed this was on the pypi package.

I've tried to make a patch over 3.2.2. For now, I've uploaded it only to
https://test.pypi.org/project/GDAL/3.2.2.1/  . Can you test that and
confirm that works properly ? If so, I'll push it to pypi official.

I've tracked the changes in a patch/3.2.2.1 branch, sitting for now in
my fork:

https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/compare/v3.2.2..rouault:patch/3.2.2.1?expand=1

I'll push that to OSGeo/gdal as well and tag once confirmed things work fine

Hoping I'm not going into troubles doing this stuff outside of our usual
release processes...

Even