[gdal-dev] CMake: undefined reference to symbol dlerror

Kai Pastor, DG0YT dg0yt at darc.de
Tue May 3 00:04:34 PDT 2022

Am 02.05.22 um 14:12 schrieb Javier Jimenez Shaw:
> If I understood the example you mention correctly, it is a direct
> dependency of GDAL: the executable test_cpp links directly with GDAL.
> Our problem is that we have a library (ioimage), that links with GDAL.
> The error appears when we try to compile/link tests_unit_ioimage, that
> depends on ioimage, that depends on GDAL.

IIUC the problem is that the usage requirements from GDAL are lost on
the way. Either this ioimage library is not passing them ("transitive
usage requirements"), or the build of the executable is not using them.
Sometimes such problems are hidden by dynamic linkage.

How does ioimage find and use GDAL? How does it publish its usage
requirements?

How does the test find and use iomage?

Kai