[gdal-dev] gdal Translate results in-memory using Java

Jean-Robert Desbiens-Haddad jrhaddad at k2geospatial.com
Fri May 13 06:20:54 PDT 2022

Hi,

I am developing a raster service (WMS, OGC API Maps) using the Java bindings of GDAL.

When I execute a translate (or a warp) to extract a portion of the original photo, the result saves a new file by default. For performance purposes, I would like the result to stay in memory from which I could obtain and send the bytes in the response of my service.

I tried using the VSIMEM virtual path, but I can’t find a way to obtain the byte array of the resulting image using the Java API.

Does someone in the community know if it is possible to do it? Or maybe a better approach exists?

Thanks,

Jean-Robert
 <http://k2geospatial.com/>Jean-Robert Desbiens-Haddad | CTO
(514) 285-1211 ext. 115 | 1440 rue Sainte-Catherine ouest <https://maps.google.com/?q=1440+Rue+Sainte-Catherine+O,+Montr%C3%A9al,+QC+H3G+1R3>, bureau 522, Montréal, QC, H3G 1R8
Si vous ne souhaitez plus recevoir de messages de K2 Geospatial, veuillez l'indiquer en répondant à ce message.