[gdal-dev] Ogrinfo , ogr2ogr file size limits

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue May 17 02:58:46 PDT 2022

Hi,

Most likely, Frando is talking about the "Interlis" format - a format
common in Switzerland (and also Colombia, by export from Switzerland).

see https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/ili.html

Since this involves Java ili2c, you should set the corresponding XmX
memory setting for the Java compiler, which is memory limited by
default.

There is also an alternative XTF import export tool available, called
il2db (ili2pg, ili2ora, ili2gpkg, ili2fgdb). See
https://github.com/claeis/ili2db/blob/master/docs/ili2db.rst

I generally recommend to use ili2db versions rather than the ogr
interlis drive. The ili2db is way more tested and flexible with loads of
options.

Greetings,

Andreas