[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr Postgres upload performance

Alexandre Gacon alexandre.gacon at gmail.com
Mon May 23 06:03:47 PDT 2022

Hello,

I am using ogr2ogr to upload data from several geopackages to a postgis
database. Some tables contain thousands of rows (buildings for example).

The import of the first file is quite fast (tables are created for the
first file so PG_USE_COPY is used) but the following file is much slower
(using INSERT instead of COPY).

How could I data insertion for the other files? Force PG_USE_COPY ?
Increase the value of GT ? Postpone spatial index creation ?

Should I concatenate all the geopackages first and then insert the data in
Postgis?

Thank you for your help

--
Alexandre Gacon