[gdal-dev] Motion: adopt RFC69 C/C++ Code Formatting

ElPaso elpaso at itopen.it
Thu Nov 24 00:39:48 PST 2022

Hi,

Motion:

Adopt RFC88: RFC69 C/C++ Code Formatting [1]

I have updated the RFC [1] to use pre-commit and I have created a draft
implementation of the pre-commit hook and the CI integration with a GH
workflow [2].

If adopted, we still have to agree on which coding style to apply (for
now I used a clang-format file I've found under gdal/scripts), but the
biggest decision is wether proceed with an initial "Big Reformat" or an
incremental one, my draft implementation supports both.

Kind regards.

[1]
https://github.com/elpaso/gdal/blob/rfc69_cplusplus_formatting-text-only/doc/source/development/rfc/rfc69_cplusplus_formatting.rst
[2] https://github.com/elpaso/gdal/tree/rfc69_cplusplus_formatting_revival