[gdal-dev] Computing statistics from raster dataset without writing aux.xml

Laurențiu Nicola lnicola at dend.ro
Mon Oct 10 05:40:55 PDT 2022

Hi Mats,

This won't help you, but I wanted to suggest you make a temporary directory, copy the .aux.xml file there, then set GDAL_PAM_PROXY_DIR. Unfortunately, at least in my test, GDAL still seems to save the file next to the input, even when calling SetConfigOption before doing anything else.

Regards,
Laurentiu