[gdal-dev] Looking for some gdal-python-math-stuff help: HighLightCompressVisualizer

Paul Harwood runette at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 06:46:48 PDT 2022

Another more common way to address the problem is to perform a log
transform on the image see
https://theailearner.com/2019/01/01/log-transformation/

I am not aware of any ootb log transform libraries. That link above does
show how to do it in OpenCV and numpy. I would probably use Pillow my self
and here is a link talking about how to do that - not my link and I have
never used it so it could be wrong or very slow etc

https://pythontic.com/image-processing/pillow/logarithmic%20transformation

I guess the same thing could be done in GDAL.