[gdal-dev] Create tile index by time?

Stefan Gofferje lists at home.gofferje.net
Fri Oct 14 00:48:05 PDT 2022

Morning all!

I have a little hobby project where I pull Sentinel imagery of my town's
area and create various composites. I run that every morning, so I have
a bunch of raster images which represent the same geographic area at
different times. I recently also started playing with mapserver and I
would like to set up a mapserver to serve those images. I know mapserver
basics, have my first mapserver up and running.

What I'm looking for now is how to create a tile index for a bunch of
images which includes the times of those images, so I can server them
from mapserver as a layer with a time dimension.

Any pointers, tutorials, "RTFMs" (with links) would be very much
appreciated!

-Stefan

--
  (o_   Stefan Gofferje            | SCLT, MCP, CCSA
  //\   Reg'd Linux User #247167   | VCP #2263