[gdal-dev] [EXT] Re: [EXT] Re: [Doc] gdal_calc.py extent option

Idan Miara idan at miara.com
Wed Oct 19 13:07:05 PDT 2022

Hi Matt,

No, we don't suggest they should be reversed.

If you look at the union, you could also make the minimal bounding box
bigger and it will still include the union, thus we dedine the union to be
the smallest of all bounding boxes that contains that blue figure.

Likewise, for the intersection, we would use the maximum bounding box that
still fully contained inside that blue area.

Idan.