[gdal-dev] source csv delimiters

Paul Harwood runette at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 13:33:22 PDT 2022

The slightly pedantic answer to that is surely that if it not comma
separated, it is not a CSV file!

As far as I know - that is the approach that GDAL takes!

It is easy enough to preprocess the file. As the GDAL docs say :

"Many variations of textual input are sometimes called Comma Separated
Value files, including files without commas, but fixed column widths, those
using tabs as separators or those with other auxiliary data defining field
types or structure. This driver does not attempt to support all such files,
but instead to support simple .csv files that can be auto-recognised.
Scripts or other mechanisms can generally be used to convert other
variations into a form that is compatible with the OGR CSV driver."