[gdal-dev] Rotated lat lon projection

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 23:58:51 PDT 2022

First step is try shoving it through the warper:

gdalwarp in.nc out.tif

set lonlat extent with -te and resolution with -ts or -tr

GDAL knows about projections and internal coordinate arrays and often this
is enough, the smart things come down to what output grid you define and
what resampling algorithm is used and whether it's appropriate (beware of
vector quantities for example).

Use a VRT intermediate to first select out one band to test with
(gdal_translate in.nc in1.vrt -b 1). If you have a test file I'm happy to
explore.

Even if the auto stuff doesn't work you can engineer a lot with just
command line args and VRT even for complex grids.

Cheers, Mike