[gdal-dev] Reading shapefile from ZIP archive (c++)

Sharon Eldor seldor at kinetica.com
Tue Sep 6 07:29:48 PDT 2022

Hi,
Trying to read shapefiles from a zip archive, I am running:

GDALDataset::Open('/vsizip//parks-and-recreation-feature-map-d.zip',
GDAL_OF_VECTOR |

                                  GDAL_OF_READONLY |
GDAL_OF_VERBOSE_ERROR | GDAL_OF_SHARED,

                                  NULL, NULL, NULL )

When there is a directory in the zip, I get an error:

Error: `/vsizip//parks-and-recreation-feature-map-d.zip' not
recognized as a supported file format.

When the files are not under a directory in the zip (same files), the
zip file is read with no error.

Attaching 2 files for example.

Is there a way to directly read the files from the archive with the directory?

Thanks,

Sharon

--

*The contents of this email message and any attachments are the property
of Kinetica DB, Inc. and may contain confidential or privileged information