[gdal-dev] Convert grid to polygon shapefile

Brent Wood pcreso at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 10 14:10:05 PDT 2023

 I have done this with QGIS, if you have a grid with categorised values, QGIS can generate a polygon shapefile with the cell boundaries merged by cell value.
QGIS uses gdal_polygonize.py under the hood to do this (via a simple GUI interface), so if you work out the command line parameters you need, you could run it from the command line.

HTH,
Brent Wood