[gdal-dev] VRT file: Recursion detected

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 03:42:47 PDT 2023

Even Rouault kirjoitti 13.4.2023 klo 12.44:

> Le 13/04/2023 à 11:02, Laurențiu Nicola via gdal-dev a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just a guess, but maybe your VRT is including itself?
>
> That's indeed the purpose of this check (or detecting a VRT A
> including a VRT B including a VRT A, etc.). But the check is a bit
> tricky, and that might be just a bug in the particular situation. The
> best would be to open a ticket with a reproducer

This is a case where client uploads data and an automated process moves
it to a S3 bucket, which is not cleaned and thus it seems that there may
be an old index.vrt file. I fixed this by checking that the old
index.vrt is not included when it is recreated after new data is added.
So the bug was in my code.

Best,

Ari