[gdal-dev] Mysterious master build break on Win11

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Apr 15 08:53:17 PDT 2023

Joaquim,

> Now, the weirdest part is that this happens in a new computer with
> Win11 but the GDAL repo dir was copied from another computer (that has
> Win10) and there this error does not show up. Both are built with same
> version of VS.

So you also copied a build directory with existing CMakeCache.txt and
other generated files? I don't think this is a safe practice, unless
your source & target computers are exactly the same.

What if you build from a clean build directory ?

Is there a M_LIB line in the CMakeCache.txt of the Win10 and Win11
computers?

If you update to latest master (or cherry-pick
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/commit/0a062f8ab132e22d1bace91081d606584b8e8d7c),
run "cmake -DSHOW_DEPS_PER_TARGET=YES [...]", and look in the output
messages lines starting with "Target [xxx]: links against" and
containing m.lib . That should hopefully give a clue of which
third-party library drag this m.lib dependency

Even