[gdal-dev] Announcing SOZip: Seek-Optimized profile for the .zip format

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Jan 9 06:35:03 PST 2023

Le 09/01/2023 à 15:29, Alessandro Pasotti a écrit :
> Thank you!
> This is amazing.
>
> Will it be enabled by default?

Yes, the current strategy implemented in the PR is to enable it by
default when adding files larger than 1 MB through the new
CPLAddFileInZip() function, which is used when using "ogr2ogr
out.gpkg.zip input" or "ogr2ogr out.shp.zip input". Of course, there's a
new configuration option / env. variable to change the default:
CPL_SOZIP_ENABLED=AUTO/YES/NO.

Even