[gdal-dev] Debugging in Visual Studio 2019?

Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís jluis at ualg.pt
Thu Jun 29 07:15:09 PDT 2023

Debugging with VS is actually simple. You need:

  *   To build GDAL and your driver in debug mode
  *   Step 1, see Screenshot_1. Load one executable that has a code path into that of your driver (gdalinfo?)
  *   Step 2, see Screenshot_2. Right-click on Properties and give the full set of options to run the executable select in 2)
  *   Load the c/c++ codes and set breakpoints.
  *   Hit F5, etc... (here I'm assuming you know how to use the debugger)

NOTE. Screenshot_2 will be sent in a second message as the limit for the attach is so low that makes is very difficult to attach images-

Good luck

Joaquim