[gdal-dev] GDAL Help Needed for Android

Anna George anna.m.george at outlook.com
Thu Mar 23 07:09:21 PDT 2023

Hello,
I have been working on a project that requires building GDAL for Android arm64-v8a, since the project already works for armeabi-v7a but now apps need to update to use 64 bit. I'm on a time crunch, but I have attempted various things over the past week- building an .aar instead using https://github.com/paamand/GDAL4Android , trying to build the .so's using this project https://github.com/eltorio/RtkGps that has a prebuilt .jar and one .so file for gdal, and so on. The .aar build fails from missing header files and several other errors that I couldn't figure out, and I managed to build some needed .so's using the prebuilt gdal project, but they crash upon making calls to open a Dataset or register data types. I am on a time crunch for the project, and I need help. Would it be possible to either get a prebuilt gdal .jar file and gdal .so's for arm64-v8a or get a prebuilt gdal .aar file and any .so's that would still be needed?

Thank you,
Anna