[gdal-dev] Ogr2ogr CSV driver not handling correctly line breaks inside columns

Moises Calzado mcalzado at carto.com
Wed May 3 08:56:43 PDT 2023

We're also specifying the GEOM_POSSIBLE_NAMES, so it would be great if with
that option we could use the GEOMETRY_NAME without using the
CREATE_CSVT=YES option.

Regarding emitting the .prj and .csvt in /vsistdout mode, that's why I'm
saying that there is an issue while generating the resultant CSV.
The way we see it is that when using the /vsistdout mode, the result is a
CSV file with the .prj information in the first line, and the .csvt in the
second line. We're dealing with the result deleting the first two lines and
using the rest of the content as a CSV, which should be equal to the result
obtained when using ogr2ogr without the CREATE_CSVT=YES option.
Probably we're losing something, but as we see it, the generated CSV should
be a valid one. Does that make sense?

Thanks so much for your help!