[gdal-dev] Thread-safe raster access

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 06:44:24 PDT 2024

Hi,

I am aware that there isn't thread-safe raster access with the current GDAL
interface for various reasons. Given the state of processors, I was
wondering if it would be valuable to take a look at providing the ability
to do Raster I/O (at least reads) in a thread-safe way. This could be done
through a new set of API calls or perhaps by modifications to what
currently exists -- I don't know what makes sense at this point. I would be
happy to spend some time looking at this if there is interest, but I would
also like to learn from existing experience as to what kinds of things that
I'm surely not considering would have to be dealt with.

Thanks,

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com