[gdal-dev] Adding multiple TREs to a NITF using gdal_translate

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Jun 11 06:00:06 PDT 2024

Le 11/06/2024 à 12:11, Marek Setnik via gdal-dev a écrit :

> Hello!
>
> I'm having trouble with adding multiple TREs to a NITF file (using C++
> API), the documentation mentions that the TRE creation options allows
> for that but I can't figure out the syntax, how do I achieve something
> like this: TRE=NAME1=VALUES1,NAME2=VALUES2 ? (I also tried to use TRE
> creation option twice like so: -co TRE=NAME1=VALUES1 -co
> TRE=NAME2=VALUES2, but the second TRE gets ignored)

You need to specify the TRE=NAME=VALUE several times

$ gdal_translate byte.tif test.ntf -co TRE=NAME1=VALUES1 -co
TRE=NAME2=VALUES2

$ gdalinfo test.ntf

[...]

Metadata (TRE):
   NAME1=VALUES1
   NAME2=VALUES2

Using the C++ API,  this would be something like:

char** options = NULL;

options = CSLAddString(options, "TRE=NAME1=VALUES1");   // Do not use
CSLSetNameValue() otherwise the second TRE would override the first one
options = CSLAddString(options, "TRE=NAME2=VALUES2");

GDALCreateCopy(hDrv, "out.ntf", src_ds, false, options, nullptr, nullptr);

Even