[gdal-dev] [PROJ] RFC 102: Embedding resource files into libgdal (and PROJ)

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue Oct 1 10:19:19 PDT 2024

Even Rouault via PROJ <proj at lists.osgeo.org> writes:

> Sending to both gdal-dev and proj, as this is intended to be a joint RFC.

> available, to be able to embed GDAL resource files directly into
> libgdal. It is also intended to be used for PROJ, in particular for
> its proj.db file.
>
> Details: See https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/10913

What's unclear is to what extent things continue to be ok on compilers
not supporting C23, and if they are, if those systems start to be second
class.    My overall feeling is that it is vastly too early to be
depending on C23.

But maybe c23 is c2x, and it's been supported in gcc for 6 years.

(I couldn't figure out any of that from the link.)