[OSGeo-Board] Re: [ISC2006] Re: next FOSS4G 2006 irc meeting

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Apr 4 12:32:10 EDT 2006

dear all,

[on resolving the timing clash between geodata + foss4g irc meetings]
On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 05:54:15PM +0200, Claude Philipona wrote:
> Wednesday 15h00m00 UTC time is a good slot as it will just follow the
> local committee e-meetings.
> >>I think I can give local committee point for Option1.
> >>But what about Wednesday April 5th 2006, 15h00m00 UTC time ?
> >>
> >>http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=5&month=4&year=2006&hour=15&min=0&sec=0&p1=0
> >>It's still earlier. In fact, local committee would like to keep this
> >>time permanent for future meeting.
> >>Is it conceivable ?

The Geodata Committee meeting was scheduled for 1500 UTC Weds, not
1700. Jeff and Markus are members of both groups, and expressed real
regret last week at not being able to attend both.

FOSS4G has a lot more pressing need to focus at the moment, and if
this time fits really well with the rest of your planning meetings +
with many European contributors, and you need a regular slot, then I
think the Geodata Committee meeting should move and you should stick
with 1500UTC Weds as a regular time.

I'd like to suggest we move to 1600UTC on Thursdays.
Markus is the main person this will impact, and we should get a +1
from him; we can contract this discussion back to the
geodata at geodata.osgeo.org list, and you guys please go ahead.

thanks, good luck,

jo