Proposed IRC meeting rescheduling for Thursdays 1600 GMT

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Apr 4 16:19:22 EDT 2006

dear Geodata Committee,

I'd like to propose a rescheduling of our IRC meeting time to
Thursday 1600GMT; if anyone has a definite -1 on that, could they
please speak out?

Rationales for this are:
- FOSS4G organisers in Europe strongly want to be at 1500GMT Weds, it
  makes sense to follow through from their existing planning sessions.
  As we don't have the time constraint of a conference to organise in
  September, I think it makes more sense for us to move

- Wednesday is on the whole super busy for OSGeo IRC meetings - WebCom
  are at 1900GMT - and Thursday is now very quiet there.

- Later than 1600GMT starts to eat into European evenings; earlier
  than 1500GMT starts to be painful in terms of West Coast mornings.
  Right now, US/UK/EU is the whole of our representation.

Markus, sorry if I appeared to be apportioning decision blame to you ;)
But wanted to make sure you were definitely +1 as it's important to
keep you in both loops. Hope you enjoy your travels...

jo