[OSGeodata] Re: [OSGeo-Edu] Re: [OSGeodata] Tie-in to Education Committee

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Wed Apr 19 16:53:55 EDT 2006

dear Markus,
On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 10:16:31PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> just to say that I am available to work on a nice edu
> dataset and to work on improving available public geodata to
> make them useful...

Hooray!

> Does anyone know when we'll have access to telascience to
> process geodata? I have most methods/scripts already implemented
> for processing the data on the wiki list but I am lacking bandwidth/space
> to work on these fat global data sets (in order to extract smaller pieces).
> So telascience access would be useful. Any ideas?

You should talk to Norm Vine, cc'd, about this. I think he has been
working on VMap0 / PostGIS already. There is a geodata.telascience.org
host set up by John Graham, nothing on it yet. I'm really interested
in the idea of making a plone UI for metadata management using seang's
ZCO, "cartographic objects for zope".

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Infrastructure_Working_Group
might have some useful reference points. If you have a setup plan, it
would be great if you could jot it down or link to it on this page...

thanks,

jo