[OSGeodata] Catchup IRC chat this Thursday, 1600GMT

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Wed Dec 13 13:15:25 EST 2006

dear Jeroen, all,
On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 12:14:39PM +0100, Jeroen Ticheler wrote:
> >It's time for another geodata IRC meeting, isn't it? This Thursday,
> >15th, 1600GMT
>
> Will not make it tomorrow afternoon (nor Friday) :(

Ack, I am sorry that you will miss it. It should be mostly focused on
the data repository effort and aimed at being able to produce a
concise document or two afterwards, we can come to you with questions
then :)

> >I'll upload the slides from the talk I gave when I get back.

http://space.frot.org/talks/2006/rosa/ has a .gz with an openoffice
presentation in it. Er, i also managed to claim Geoserver as a
foundation project, it trips off the fingers, plus so much of the
geoserver development activity seems to be in geotools really.
I'm sorry about that though, if it is rudely assuming too much.

This evening i am sitting down to read the CSW and ebRIM specs... :(

One more thing, is that i would like to offer the geodata committee as
a guinea pig for migrating the mailing list + archives, and the
website content, to the new OSGeo platform that is being set up at the
moment ready for the end of the current contract at the beginning of
January. It will be a chance to integrate a lot more of the ideas and
resources in the wiki into a better looking website and there should
be a lot more flexibility with what is possible to customise, etc.
I will ask the SAC people about the timing on this and keep this list
posted...

cheers,

jo

cheers,