[OSGeodata] Public Geodata Hosting: Large-scale Raster Hosting

Allan Doyle adoyle at eogeo.org
Fri Jul 7 14:47:12 EDT 2006

I'd like to add that this kind of hosting can provide huge amounts of
visibility into the ability of FOSS tools to do a job that up until
now may well be considered to be in the province of the proprietary
vendors by most people. We know better, but what better way to show
what open source is capable of doing.

In every exercise that we do like this, I'd like to encourage a
parallel (but integrated) activity of writing up a case-study of how
it is/was done. This turns into a double bonus since we then not only
have proof of ability but educational materials as well.

	Allan

--
Allan Doyle
+1.781.433.2695