[OSGeo-Edu] Re: [OSGeodata] Commons of Science Conference

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Fri Jul 14 14:19:25 EDT 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 11:41:28AM -0400, Chris Holmes wrote:
> I could be excited to go, if no one else is.  It's an easy bus down and
> I have friends I could stay with, and I think I should be able to attend.

I also got an invite to this and it's fairly unlikely I will be able
to attend - the Open Knowledge Foundation is planning to put on a
mini-Wsfii in London that weekend, which I'm hoping to stay on in .EU
after FOSS4G to organise an open geodata track in, and spend the
between time in Brussels if I can do anything useful there.

I definitely think OSGeo should be representing at this Science Commons
gathering - I hope it will be super pragmatic as well as "creating a
vision statement" - I'd be more than happy for you to go in my place,
Chris and to ask this of the organisers.

cheers,

jo