[Geotiff] File format for geo-coded ground-based photos

p.willis at telus.net p.willis at telus.net
Wed May 10 14:09:47 EDT 2006

Hello,

I suggest HDF or HDF5 for storing these.

REASONING:
1.) You can put more than one GeoTIFF photo in an HDF file.
2.) You can store you metadata in the HDF file with the photos
3.) You can use DODS (OPENDAP) to serve your images from HDF

There may also be a DODS client for geotiff at this point.

LINKS:
http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/
http://www.opendap.org/

Best Regards,