FW: SAXTA/Satella

Ned Horning nedh at lightlink.com
Thu Nov 2 18:52:47 EST 2006

All,

Would someone be interested in taking a look at SAXTA and providing
feedback? It's for peer-to-peer file sharing of geocoded imagery. It's open
source and it might be nice if there was some OSGeo involvement. This has
been in the works for a few years but I think they recently got a bunch of
money to get it working. I'd like to follow what's going on but I expect
there are people who could better evaluate this than me.

For what it's worth, I think this is being funded primarily with NASA money
and interacting with these projects should help get OSGeo on NASA's radar.

Ned