[OSGeodata] BOF meeting on "Geodata Discovery and Metadata Models" at FOSS4G

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Sep 12 06:01:23 EDT 2006

dear Stefan, all,
On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 11:20:02AM +0200, Stefan F. Keller wrote:
> *** Thursday, 14 Sept., 12:30 - 13:30. Room to be defined. ***
>
> See http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OSGeo_at_FOSS4G2006#BOFs for infos and
> updates.

I'm really looking forward to this. Thanks so much for organising.

There's an ongoing metadata-oriented conversation going on in the
seating area inside the OSGeo stall, which I hope will persist all
week. There's a lot of Java kool-aid flying around here at the
moment. One interesting factoid is that the javadoc for GeoAPI
contains a complete ISO 19115 interface:
http://geoapi.sourceforge.net/2.0/javadoc/index.html

Speak soon, and I hope a bit more will appear on the telascience
server at http://access.geodata.osgeo.org/ over the next few days.

cheers,

jo