OSGeo user accounts !? Was: [Geodata] geotorrents?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Mar 10 14:01:11 EST 2007

Martin Spott wrote:
> Jo Walsh wrote:
>
>> Also at the last meeting We Agreed to start using the shiny new OSGeo
>> trac installation to keep notes on What Is To Be Done on the geodata
>> repository. I have not looked at the web in 2 months. I`m so relaxed.
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/query?component=Geodata
>>
>> I could happily create a ticket while not logged in, alternatively
>> any regular OSGeo LDAP username and password should also work.
>
> I once had sort of a Telascience account which allows me to log into at
> least two telascience blades as well as into the OSGeo portal at
> 'frot.org' (no, I didn't change anything  ;-)
>
> I need a different one for 'track' - right ?

Martin,

Yes, unfortunately at this time there are two LDAP databases for OSGeo.
One is used by the telascience blades and this is likely what you have.
And the new one is used for the www.osgeo.org drupal site, for Trac and
for Subversion.  You can create your own account on the new ldap using
the form at:

   https://www.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/ldap_create_user.py

Best regards,