[Geodata] Fwd: ebrim ICEDS examples

Norman Barker norman.barker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 11:59:20 EDT 2007

sorry, this bounced when I sent it to geodata at geodata.osgeo.org

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Norman Barker <norman.barker at gmail.com>
Date: Mar 15, 2007 9:36 AM
Subject: ebrim ICEDS examples
To: geowanking at lists.burri.to, ddnebert at usgs.gov,
geodata at geodata.osgeo.org, farrukh at wellfleetsoftware.com,
pvretano at cubewerx.com

Hi,

I bit the bullet and had a go at mapping the public ICEDS WCS server
metadata (thanks to Jeremy Morley for permission to use this and
generating the extra traffic) to the OGC ebRIM catalog profile.

Firstly I had to fix the OGC schemas so they compiled, I received
great help from Peter Vretanos, and Farrukh - many thanks.  I would
really appreciate if anyone could look at my ebXML document for ICEDS
(attached) and check it makes sense - in particular I couldn't get GML
types in for the spatial bbox they wouldn't validate in XMLSpy for the
value element,  there is limited metadata in a capabilities document
but it should work.  I am guessing that the OGC spec on this is a
recommendation paper, since I had to fiddle with the examples to make
them validate in XML Spy (free home edition :-) ).

Full details on add the ogc profile to ebxmlrr (omar) (so the ISO
classifications) are available here

http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Community/ogc

and setting it up with JBoss and PostgreSQL here

http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Deploy/container/JBoss

The next steps are to add the CSW interface to ebxmlrr, and to add a
spatial query plugin, and to write a stylesheet to generate the ebXML
doc from a capabilities document.

Must admit that despite my own FUD about ebRIM I am sold, as soon as I
did a search for LANDSAT in the ebxmlrr query interface saw all of its
metadata, found the associated service which was classified as a WCS -
it is everything I dreamed of.  It would be interesting to map the
GRASS WPS so we can search for datasets, and then processing services
using standard taxonomies.

Am I right in thinking that MapBuilder is a CSW client, could this be
an ajax map client to ebxmlrr?

Appreciate I am spamming a bit, once I have received all the input on
this I suggest restricting this to the geodata and ebxmlrr groups, so
if you are interested please sign up to these.

many thanks and looking forward to your input,

Norman