[Geodata] Re: Online conversion and validation services on OSGEO?

Stefan F. Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 17:30:56 EDT 2007

I thought an online conversion service would help outreach geospatial data.
FWTools are nicely deployed but I experenced installation problems at user
sites like missing libraries (e.g. ili2c.jar), setting environment variables
(windows batch files) or not having access rights to install any program
whatsoever.

And what do you think about ii) validation and iii) metadata extraction?

-- Stefan