[Geodata] Osgeo and geoserver for catalogue services

Dave Sampson samper.d at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 19:11:24 EDT 2007

hey folks,

been wandering around the pages and have seen chat about matadata and
standards and catalogues and interfaces and all that stuff.

I started to think to my self would this perhaps be a good place to use
geonetwork (http://geonetwork-opensource.org/) it is fairly easy to
setup and provides an interface for browsing local and remote
catalogues. uses z39.50 to connect to other remote servers (especially
other geonetwork nodes) and the newest release appears to be the
refetrence implementation of CSW.

then I see this page
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/OSGeo_GeoNetwork_Installation and get
excited to check out it's use in an OSGEO context. But alas the wheel
spins and no page loads.

Is it the intention of the data group to get a working version of
geonetwork up and going to act as a discovery method for the data found
here?
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Geodata_Repository#PostGIS_serving_vector_data

Cheers