Different Geodata Projects and Working Groups; Was: [Geodata] REMINDER: Geodata Meeting in 3 hours

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Thu Oct 25 17:49:29 EDT 2007

"David William Bitner" wrote:

> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Geodata_Committee_Fifteenth_Meeting

In order to avoid confusion among visitors and 'newcomers' (from my own
experience) I'd propose to collapse the "Geodata Packaging" and
"Geodata Processing at Telascience" working groups as well as "Geodata
Repository" and "Geospatial Data Project" into one effort.

When you look at the targets and the participants, then you'll realize
that these overlap heavily. In my eyes the ongoing efforts are not
_that_ heavy thhat they justify an artificial split of the whole task
into mutiple, predominantly inactive groups.

I have no idea if such merge involves any formalisms. Yet I think
merging the respective Wiki pages should be feasible and consists
mostly of removing redundancies and orphaned content.

Cheers,
	Martin.