[Geodata] Re: [Aust-NZ] NZ geodata on OSGEO?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 16:40:15 EDT 2008

Yes Brent,
Could you please approach LINZ on behalf on OSGeo-Aust-NZ. This should
probably be followed up with an official letter from the committee. I'm
happy to help there if needed.

I suggest you also contact Liz Kolster (CCed) from the State Services
Commission who is well connected, shares our ideals of Open Data, and
has the potential to put wheels in motion to change NZ policy. (I
understand she is very busy this week, you may have better luck next week).

To help Liz and others in the halls of power, we need to be very clear
about what we are asking for, and the business case to support it (from
a government perspective).

Direct references to policies from other countries would be very useful.
(Pointers to these policy docs would be appreciated).

So questions we need to answer is:
1. What are our preferences for licenses?

2. Why are such licenses good for New Zealand?