[Geodata] Ok, I'm here . . . (Tiger stuff.)

David William Bitner david.bitner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 11:53:22 EDT 2008

> Is there any reference comparing TIGER 06 vs 07?
>
> -Mikel

Mikel,

I'm having a hard time finding specifics of what's been done between
2006 and 2007, but the thing to watch are when counties have been
updated through the MAF/TIGER improvement project
(http://www.census.gov/geo/mod/maftiger.html).  I can find a list of
counties that are still *not* updated --
http://www.census.gov/geo/www/tiger/tgrshp2007/tgrshp07nomtaip.txt --
but it would be really nice to just have a list of when each county
has been updated to the new standards.  The above list would
definitely be a starting point as to where OSM would likely be better
(at a minimum it would indicate minimal changes from the already
imported TIGER data in OSM).

David