[Geodata] Airport Data

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Fri Jun 27 08:31:51 EDT 2008

Hi Christopher,

Christopher Schmidt wrote:

> http://www.ourairports.com/data/
>
> 36,000 airports, available as CSV download.
>
> Anyone worked with it at all?

I just made a quick comparison with our FlightGear/X-Plane airport data
as well as an authoritative approach chart of my home airfield.

The nice thing about this Public Domain dataset is the organizational
structure that is provided here (continent, country, province). The
provided information seems to be pretty complete, on the other hand it
doesn't say anything about the airfield structure/layout itself.

Combining both of them would still make some sense, I think I'll add it
as an additional layer on the/my FlightGear MapServer.

Thanks for the hint,
	Martin.