[Geodata] Historical Boundaries Dataset

Rafal Wawer Rafal.Wawer at sadl.kuleuven.be
Wed Mar 4 03:22:39 EST 2009

Hi Christian,
The scanned maps form the  Rumsey Map Collection is published under the
Creative Commons License:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/

as stated on the bottom of this page:
http://www.davidrumsey.com/index4.html

in seciton "copyright information". So you can digitize and publish the
results inunder the same CCL license, the only other thing you have to do is
attributing the source.

Actually you can avoid following the license - if the mandatory attribution
does not suit you - by scanning maps yourself. I do not think any copyrights
apply for the atlas maps form XIXth or XVIII century - but it is always wise
to check (-:

Best regards:
Raf

Dr. Rafal Wawer
K.U.Leuven
R&D Division SADL (Spatial Application Division)
Celestijnenlaan 200e bus 2224
BE-3001 Leuven-Heverlee
Belgium
tel. 0032 16 329731