[Geodata] What is the value of free data? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Pat Cappelaere pat at cappelaere.com
Sun Sep 13 21:16:23 EDT 2009

Bruce,

This document articulates clearly the value of the data.  This is the
kind of business case I am looking for... in the US.
Thanks for pointing this out.  This is a great step in the right
direction.

Providers of free data have to be ready to justify the economic value
of their own data.  Saying that it is invaluable is not an enabler to
make it free and could be construed as the opposite by some.

Pat.