[Geodata] inventory of public address data for geocoding in Europe

Milo van der Linden milo at dogodigi.net
Wed Mar 13 03:39:28 PDT 2013

Hello Moritz,

Geodata Discovery and geocoding are two different things.On the OSGeo
wiki there is an (outdated) page on opengeocoder.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OpenGeocoder maybe that can be a starting
point for you?

About the services you mention: I am currently in the process of
importing BAG address data into OpenStreetMap, particulary for the
nominatim geocoding service
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim

Perhaps OpenStreetMap might be a good place to hold global address
data? I think it might. But of course other ideas are most welcome!

Good luck on your project and good to see you are addressing the
addressing issue ;-)